Are you confused about how to make your trip to Rochester MN more fun? Are you looking for ideas as to what should you do while you are there? Do you wish to ensure that you do not end up leaving anything out? If you are looking for ideas regarding things to do in Rochester MN, you can trust us to provide you with just what you need.
We have put together a list of activities that will make your trip memorable, categorizing them, so that you pick up the ideas according to the time of your visit.
Fun things to do in Rochester MN during summer
Rochester values summer and provides you with every bit of opportunity to enjoy the city to its full potential during the season. Summers in Rochester are the perfect time to get out and about with family and friends. With the sun shining down on you and the flowers blooming, you can put all your worries to rest and just enjoy the day.
Enjoy the water
Summer in Rochester is the time to enjoy water to the fullest. You can head to the Silver Lake for a paddleboat ride or take a kayak to go down the Zumbro River. If you love to swim, you can head to the Foster Arend Park’s lake for a dip, following which you can relax on the sandy beach, soaking up the sun. If you want to enjoy some find time with family, Soldier’s field pool would be a good option where a water slide of 112 foot with the entry of zero depth is present to offer you a splashing experience.
The wildlife awaits
If you are a lover of wood and wildlife, you will not be at a shortage of some fun things to do in Rochester MN. The area is filled with natural beauty, the full essence of which can be viewed at the Quarry Hill Nature Center. You can go for a hike over eight miles of trails. Another option is to engage in some bird-watching via binoculars at the Nature Center. Strolling in a pond with turtles, frogs, muskrats, and ducks is also an option.
Some sporty activities
An active lifestyle is the key to maintain optimal health. Catch one of the Honkers Minor league baseball game for some leisure. You can also engage in rollerblading, or biking. Head out to the Silver Lake Park to have fun on a biking trip is you cannot think of any other things to do in Rochester MN this weekend. There you can rent a baby trailer, tandem bike or a standard bike as per your liking. You can also improve your golfing skills on the various golf courses that the place has.
Fun things to do in Rochester MN during winter
If you happen to be in the city during winters, you do not have to worry about being forced to stay indoors all the time. There are plenty of activities that you can enjoy that will not only keep you captivated but comfortable as well.
Warming it up
Do you like the idea of curling up in front of fireplaces? If this is indeed the case, Rochester will prove to be perfect for you. You can have a cozy time, curling up in the Forager Brewery. This is a coffee shop and restaurant that specializes in making wood-fired pizzas and small-batch beers. You will find a beautifully designed fireplace foyer at the Twigs and Grills. You can enjoy the warmth as you relish the impeccable butternut squash ravioli that the place is famous for.
Get out and about on the trails
You can catch the beautiful landscapes that enrich Rochester during winters by opting for cross-country skiing. The Quarry Hill nature is open all year round and also offers rental equipment. Thus, you can enjoy the beauty of nature to its full potential at ease.
Hitting the ice
What are winters without a bit of skating? Head to the skating rinks with your friends and enjoy the winters. The Rochester Recreation Center offers an indoor open skating session. Some rinks also feature warming houses to ensure that you do not grow uncomfortable. You can skate to your heart contents without any stress.
Time for some snowball fights
Have you truly enjoyed winters in Rochester if you have not had a snowball fight? If you are tired of thinking about fun things to do in Rochester, throw all your worries out the window and just have fun. Head to the city park and enjoy with the snow, building a snowman or talking a walk.
Things to do in Rochester MN this weekend with kids
There is a reason that Rochester is referred to as the second ideal place for children in the United States. This is perhaps the best thing about the city. It has something to offer for everyone. If you are worried about your kids being bored over the weekend, let us give you some ideas about the things that you can do with kids,
- You can take the kids for a ride with the Rochester Trolley and Tour Company and enjoy some exciting sightseeing.
- If you want to enhance the curiosity in your children, the Minnesota Children’s Museum Rochester would be a fun place to be. The rotating exhibits along with the interactive environment will make learning fun for the children.
- Taking the kids to the new Air Insanity Trampoline Park for some bouncing will also be a good idea. The whole family can have a gala time in the game, engaging in slam dunk basketball or dodge ball. The area is full of inflatables where the kids can jump around to their heart’s content while the parents lounge comfortably in front of the TV.
- If you want your kids to indulge in some healthy activities, The Roca Climbing Gym would be the perfect place for them where they can try out some rock climbing.
- Take your kids out for some shopping to stores filled with apparel and toys for children. Baby, ABC and Toy Zone are some of the places you can try.
- If some quality family time is what you need, Bowlocity Entertainment Center is the perfect place for you. Featuring a laser tag complex, 45-game redemption arcade and bowling, the place is enriched with opportunities to have the time of your life. You can also indulge in activities like air hockey, skee ball and much more. If you are worried that the adults would end up being bored, the onsite sports bar will take care of it.
- All the kids love mysteries. Get your kids to indulge in some mystery solving in the unraveled escape room. The participants are locked in a room wherein clues must be found for escape. Working together can get you out within an hour.
Give your palette a treat
If you are a foodie, you will love Rochester. On Fridays and Saturdays, a guided gourmet food tour is provided from April to October. You get the opportunity to taste some excellent food from specialty food stores and locally owned restaurants. The samples are sumptuous and will ensure that your stomach is full while your heart craves for more. Furthermore, you will also get to learn more about the history of these local places.
The tour costs around $42 and you also get a brochure of Neighborhood Guide. It is not just about food. You will also get acquainted with the history and culture of the area as you appreciate the architecture and landscape. If you want to enhance your knowledge as you acquire a unique culinary experience, this is the place for you.
Shop your heart out
A trip is incomplete without some shopping. Apache mall is a place you just cannot miss. Featuring 87 stores, the mall has all the categories in check. Whether it is department stores that you need or electronics, whether it is entertainment you are looking for or home and housewares items, the mall will cater to your requirement. Everything from health to food and fashion to sports and fitness is found here.
If you are tired of roaming around the mall, you can relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or snack in one of the many dining options that the mall has. Full-service and quick service restaurants are available to ensure that you do not end up feeling hungry.
The mall also tends to organize different activities frequently. In-store classes and other demonstrations will make your trip all the more fun. The nursing lounge and the free Wi-Fi ensure that those not up for some shopping can relax for a while.
All in all, there is a lot to do in Rochester MN if you know what to look for. The city is such that no member of the family has to feel left out or bored. You have the opportunity of creating memories for a lifetime in the city. Find out more about the city prior to your visit so that you do not have to regret missing out on any fun later.